Monday, August 25, 2008

they says

Here's some best things I've heard over the past few weeks.. They've been there.

"I tell the actors, what I tell myself. I know you are tired. I know you’re maybe burn out, you’re maybe been distracted and you’re not in the moment at all. You’re just working on pure technique, emotionally you maybe dried up. But just take a moment and really embrace the fear of knowing that 10 years from now, 20 years from now. You’re gonna be watching this and you’re gonna be very very unhappy that you didn’t dig down and try to get more out of yourself and know that this moment come one time. I know you’re tired, I know you’re beat up but you still have the resources to pull something out if you really want it." - Sylvester Stallone on Rambo: It’s a long road. Resurrection of an icon.

Which he reminds me of another similar saying but, in shorter form.

"Pain is temporal, art is forever." - Peter Jackson on LOTR

For POS ppls, and whoever needs strength. Hope these quotes got you some energy boost. In that 15 secs, I think Stallone is a good director. Put that aside. I didn't expect this is coming...

"Love, will always inconvenience." - Li Li

It stick on my head ever since... It's true, to love someone we'll have to adjust the speed, to walk together. May I suggest you to watch The Pursuit of Happiness (if you havn't).

"Don't let others tell you what you can't, *few seconds*...not even me." - Chris Gardner on The Pursuit of Happiness

Listening to - Hold On

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as for the love statement.. depends on which love =p.. mwahha

TracyEm. said...

jacob,

how've u been?

haven't read your blog in awhile but this post of yours really inspired me. I'm gonna reproduce it!

anyway, thanks for everything. Thanks. Hope to be back bro. really.